4-H Youth Development
4-H Youth Development programs give young people a chance to learn important skills, gain experience in teamwork and accountability and contribute to their communities. 4-H Youth Development Educators connect the University of Wisconsin to the community through local coalition and community programs.
A big thank you to the following clubs that helped make our first booth at Breakfast on the Farm this past weekend a success!!!
Brazeau Eagles Lena Rocketeers Northern Riders
Southern Line Pasture Pirates
And thank you to those who stopped by to say hi. We demonstrated “milk fireworks” to about 200 people at the event and had a “moo”velous time. What can we do NEXT YEAR??
2013 Upcoming Events
4-H Taste of the Arts Meeting
- Tuesday, June 18th, 6:30p.m.
- Gillett Library, 200 E Main St, in Gillett.
- Everyone is welcome to attend.
4-H Food Stand Committee meeting
- Saturday, June 22nd, 10:00a.m.
- Oconto County Fairgrounds, Gillett
- We would like representation from every club.
- Any questions, or need more information, please contact Arvilla Rusnak at 920-848-4843.
Summer is here, I think, and our food stand fundraiser needs to get started again. As mentioned earlier, this year the Board of Directors has recommended that every 4-H club have representation on the food stand committee. We know that all of you have some great ideas on how we can improve this fundraiser and we want to hear them and hopefully use them. We would like to have one adult and/or one youth from each club so everyone can have input.
Our first meeting will be held, rain or shine, at the fairgrounds in Gillett on Saturday June 22nd at 10:00a.m. General Leaders please let Arvilla Rusnak, Board of Directors President (920-848-4843) know by Thursday, June 20th who will be attending to represent your club. A few clubs have already responded, thank you!
We look forward to meeting you and hearing your ideas about how to make this food stand the best one ever!
Oconto County 4-H Leaders Association
Taste of the Arts
Mark your calendars for the First Annual Taste of the Arts!
Tuesday July 9, 2013 at Zipple Park (Oconto County Fairgrounds)
Open to Ages 9-19. Pre-registration will be needed, along with a $3 fee (per person).
- Watch for more information.
Project Development Committee meeting
- Monday, July 15, 6:30p.m.
- Suring Firehouse, 210 N Heasley St, Suring
- Everyone is welcome to attend.
Congratulations to Cathrine Kramer!
Cathrine (Catie) Kramer of Lena Rocketeers has been selected as the Oconto County Delegate to the 2013 Wisconsin 4-H Youth Conference, June 24-27, 2013, on the campus of UW-Madison.
Approximately 700 youth attend this educational event in Madison each summer. Participants take part in educational seminars and assemblies and meet people from across Wisconsin. They are encouraged to take what they learn and share it with others in their home community.
If you see Catie, wish her luck on her upcoming trip! For more information on the Wisconsin 4-H Youth Conference, visit the website by clicking here.
It’s Re-Enrollment Time!!
- It’s that time of year again. General Leaders have all been given the re-enrollment materials for their club. Each club was supplied with a few 2012 Family Handbooks, listing all the projects, along with a load of other helpful material. It is also below. Please contact me if you would like a hard copy sent to you.
4-HYD Staff – Please feel free to contact us at your convenience.