(A Family Living Program)
For Families with Young Children
What is a Parenting Resource Center? A place for you to learn to be the best possible parent you can be! We provide you with education, resources and the support you need to build a healthy family. Everyone is welcome. We offer parenting classes, play groups, one-on-one consultations, and a lending resource library.
Raising a Thinking Child Parenting Program Results Show Local Impact by Building Children’s Critical Thinking Skills for 21st Century Success
To view this Family Living Program Impact Report, click HERE
Parents and children can stop by, relax and enjoy each other’s company. Click HERE for brochure. Make and Take – Parents will make a developmentally appropriate item for their child to take home. Encourage parent and child to make the item together at the PRC.
Parenting Resource Center Resource List
This list has resources that are available at the Oconto and Oconto Falls Parenting Resource Centers located at Oconto Elementary School and Oconto Falls Elementary School.
No matter how famous, how smart, or how prepared you are, parenting an adolescent can be a daunting task. Parenthetical is designed to help and support you as you prepare to meet that challenge. It’s a blog, a website and a social network, all in one place, where you can talk with other parents and interact with experienced parenting educators and adolescent development experts from University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension.
Parenthetical can help you . . .
- Understand your child better
- Improve your relationship with your child,
- Decrease your stress and
- Connect with a community of parents experiencing similar joy and challenges as they parent preteens and teens
- Parenting Classes – (i.e. Positive Parenting, Thriving With Your Spirited Child, Strengthening Families, Raising a Thinking Child, etc.)
- “Ask the Expert” (ATE) Mini-Workshops – provides parents an opportunity to discuss parenting issues with community resource experts including a variety of topics such as sibling rivalry, helping your child succeed in school, self esteem, stress management, Child Passenger Safety, Dental Health, Nutrition for Children, Growth and Development, etc.
- Information/Referral – a link to community and statewide resources for families and children.
- Resource Library – books, videos, pamphlets and handouts to check out on a variety of parenting topics, such as personal development, communication, pregnancy, stress, step families, divorce and behavior management techniques. Educational and family-building games and activities are available for loan to families.
- Warmline – Children’s Trust Fund non-emergency telephone link to parenting advice and information and referral services.
- Family Events – social/learning activities designed to bring families together to reduce isolation and increase family time together.
- Speakers Bureau – community professionals recruited to provide family education to the community.
Child Passenger Safety – Carseat check appointments available by contacting Lynn or Sara at 920-834-7000. Location of checks: Gillett Police Dept and/or the Oconto Fire Dept
Oconto County Immunizations at No Charge – Call Oconto County Public Health to schedule appointment, 920-834-7000.
- Parent or Legal Guardian must accompany children under 18 years of age
- Bring child’s immunization record